- Styling stations are 2 metres apart.
- There will be no waiting room or waiting area.
- 7 people maximum in the facility with a maximum of three customers at one time
- Clients are to enter only when their stylist is ready to provide service and wait outside or in their vehicle until called.
- Staff must maintain 2 metre distance while using the staff room
- Only one of the two hair sinks may by used to maintain distancing
Surfaces, Equipment & Sanitation
- Each client station to be wiped or sprayed with disinfectant after each client
- Hair removed from all tools after each client and put in the garbage
- All equipment used is brought to sink after each client and cleaned with soapy water and brush and then sanitized.
- Clean equipment is then placed in a closed container provided at each station
- Staff and clients to have no unnecessary contact (hand shaking, hugging, etc.)
Color Bowls and Brush
- Remove all left-over color into recycling box. Place in the box
- Wash brush and bowl and dry with clean towels
- Spray Disinfectant, let it dry
Towels, gowns, capes, stylist gowns
Towels, gowns, capes are placed in laundry after single use, washed with hot water and tumble dried on high heat
- Wash hands with soap when going on break.
- Bring your own lunch box and cutlery, do not wash them at salon, take it home.
- Wash your hands before leaving staff room and going back to work.
- Door handles and light switches wiped down at end of each day
Salon Public Area
- After each client leaves, disinfect:
- Phone, computer key board, mouse, POS machine, iPad, plexiglass Front desk counter and desk.
- Door handles, front door, washroom door, toilet faucet
- Color bar faucet, color bar sink
- Light switch(washroom)
- Magazines removed
- Testers removed
- Clients asked not to handle retail product unless purchasing)
- Washroom (sink, tap handles, toilet handle, light switches and door handles) disinfected after each use
Staff and Client Procedures
Take temperature and if its more than 37c, call Kanako or salon. Do not come. Do not come if you have cough, sneeze, head ache, nausea, can not taste or smell, like flu, cold or Corvid 19 symptoms if you have. Your good health is important for you and your client and the health of business. Be responsible for your private life. Follow the guidelines from public health office such as physical distancing and hand washing.
Handling Client Procedure
- Wash your hands before you see each client,
- Hand sanitizer to be at entrance and clients are asked to use on entry
- Each client to be asked:
- Have you had a fever in the past 14 days?
- Have you had symptom of Flu, cold or Corvid 19 symptoms in the past 14 days?
- Have you been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms in the past 14 days?
- Have you had contact with anyone who is sick or quarantined in the past 14 days?
If answer is Yes, service must be declined.
- Clients to be taken directly to chair on entering. If they have coats etc. to hang up, they are asked to do it themselves.
- Place cape Proceed with service.
- During service, clients are asked if they need any take home products. Products are placed at front desk for smooth exit of salon.
- Next appointments should be discussed and agreed at the station during service and not at the front desk. (Email or phone bookings are preferred.)
- At end of service, capes are put in the laundry bin.
- After client service, cashout and sanitization or station, cash area, etc., staff must wash their hands with soap and water.
- Staff must wear masks and face shields during service
- Staff may wear gloves during service
- Clients must wear mask at all times while in salon
- Neck straps may be used with capes
- Plexi shield barrier to be installed at front desk